Online Writing Contest
The Arthur J. Turner Jr. Scholarship Foundation's Online Writing Contest is for 3rd - 8th grade students. Each month we will provide students with the first line for their 200 word essay. There are no requirements for type of story, setting, or characters. Students are free to be creative in developing their unique story as long as it adheres to all contest rules
. All who enter have a chance to win. Winning entries will be posted on the Arthur J. Turner Jr. Scholarship website.
Please submit your entry by carefully filling out the form below. Parental consent is required for each entry.
First line: We enjoy the family outings, especially the...
Deadline: December 31, 2017
- Entries must begin with the provided first line.
- Contestants are not required to pay an entry fee.
- Contestants must be 3rd - 8th graders.
- Parent or guardian permission is required for all entries.
- Entries must be 200 words or less.
- Poetry or rhymed prose are not valid essay entries.
- Entries must be complete stories with a beginning, middle and end. Stories without a clear resolution will not be eligible.
- AJTJSF reserves the right to edit and/or not post entries it receives.
- The contest prize is seeing your entry on the AJTJSF website.
- Submission of your entry permits us to post your entry and name on the AJTJSF website.
- You keep the copyright and AJTJSF keeps first electronic rights for one month and the rights to archive the entries indefinitely and include them in an eBook anthology. You are free to submit your story to other venues a month after itís posted to the AJTJSF website.
- if you post your story to your own website or blog, please link back to the AJTJSF contest page (http://www.arthurjturnerjrscholarship.org/writingcontest).